Even though it's winter, we're always in the mood to make our Thai iced coffee recipe.
It's very strong and sweet, and perfect for anyone looking for a strong hit of coffee. It can be found all over Thailand, and we absolutely understand why!
- 16oz coffee (hot, strong brewed)
- 4 to 6 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 2oz fresh heavy cream
Pour the hot coffee into a jug
Add the sweetened condensed milk to taste and stir well until dissolved. Add a few ice cubes and put it in the fridge for 1 or more hours.
To serve, place a few ice cubes in the bottom of each glass and pour the coffee over. Top each drink with a few tablespoons of the heavy cream.
Taste test the coffee—you want it to taste strong and sweet. Add more condensed milk if you prefer it sweeter, or more heavy cream for a richer taste or if it's too strong.
Our Thai iced coffee is so simple, but there are lots of ways to jazz it up even more.
- Add cardamom: Add 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom to the iced coffee along with the condensed milk - the subtle spice works wonderfully in this strong iced drink
- Change the milk: You could also change up the milk that you use. Coconut milk works especially well.
- Add almond: Another great way to change it up is by adding 1/2 teaspoon of pure almond extract or amaretto along with the condensed milk
- Add alcohol: Finally, if you want to add an alcoholic kick, this iced coffee is excellent served with a shot of Cointreau, Baileys, or Kahlúa