|We're sure you've heard of the whipped coffee sensation that is Dalgona coffee. First posted on Tik Tok by user @iamhannahcho, this is a type of cold coffee that is known for its distinctive frothy texture and intense flavour.
While many of these recipes use instant coffee, we decided to make a version of this whipped coffee using our freshly roasted whole beans to add another dimension of flavour.
- Coffee beans (any of our coffee bags would work well)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- Milk or milk alternative of your choice
To add a bit more flavour, you can also add hot chocolate powder to make a whipped mocha, or some cinnamon or ginger for a bit of a kick.
What do you think of the internet trending coffee drink? Is it tasty? Is it nasty? Let us know in the comments.
If you make this London food blog recipe, share it with us on Twitter or Instagram using #balancecoffeerecipes.
Enjoy this article? Sign up to our Balance Coffee Club newsletter below for monthly recipes, tips and hacks that’ll improve your coffee game!
- To make whipped coffee without instant coffee, pour a scoop of coffee beans into a coffee grinder. Once finely ground, sift through a fine mesh strainer. Use 2 tbsps of the very fine powder.
- Boil your water. Combine your coffee powder, sugar and water and whip with a coffee frother or a hand mixer. It should start to get thick within 30 seconds. If you don't have a frother or hand mixer, you can whip it by hand, but this will take 15 minutes or more.
- Spoon the whipped coffee on top of the milk. The whipped mixture itself is very strong and bitter by itself, so you will need to stir it in well.