There are so many great ways to make iced coffee, and we're fans of them all! But this recipe for banana coffee is unlike anything we've ever tried before. This is where I recommend trying something different.
Discover a new refreshing drink that's perfect during a summer lunch break. Whisk it up with our amazing recipe so you can surprise your tastebuds.
I know what you're thinking...is banana and coffee a good combination in the first place/ The answer ie yes.
Why? The banana naturally sweetens and complements the chocolate-y notes of our coffee and creates a frothy, delicious drink that is perfect any day of the year.
What's better than a coffee banana smoothie combined together to fuel your day with the caffeine dose you need. In fact, regular coffee drinks can get kind of boring if you drink the same beverage every single day for a while.
You might be wondering, can coffee and banana go together?
Fortunately, you're speaking to a die hard banana coffee recipe fan who absolutely loves experimenting with different flavours and recipes to find out what tastes amazing.
Thankfully, both ingredients go hand in hand. How? It's all to do with flavour balance
The banana iced coffee smoothie works so well because you have two opposing flavours which come together to create one balanced drink.
Sweet banana with punchy rich coffee, I can't think of anything better? This recipe makes two servings.
- 1 cup of milk (we used full fat milk for maximum flavour but you can use any alternative or variation)
- 1 very ripe banana (the trick here is to freeze the banana as soon as the dark spots start emerging on the peel).
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 double shot of espresso using speciality coffee beans. You can also use a cold brew coffee if preferred. We used the seasonal Stability blend to make our recipe. head here to see what coffees we have in stock now)
- 2 cups of ice cubes (optional - if you use a frozen banana, then the ice isn't necessary)
Banana Coffee: The Method
- Combine the milk, banana, and honey in a blender and blend until very smooth (approx. 1 minute).
- Fill two glasses with ice cubes. Divide the cold brew between the glasses. Pour the banana milk on top, dividing it evenly between the glasses.