Tiramisu is the most classic coffee recipe – so you know that we had to give you our amazing tiramisu recipe! It’s simple, decadent, and absolutely delicious – you’ve got to try it.
- 4 eggs
- 75g caster sugar
- 450 mascarpone
- 2 tbsp sweet marsala (you could also substitute this fortified wine with brandy)
- 2 tbsp dark rum
- 100ml espresso (you can see what espresso blends we have available here)
- Around 16-24 biscuits (Savoiardi biscuits are the best, but you could also use other types of lady finger biscuits)
- Cocoa powder
- Make the espresso and set aside.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Whisk three of the egg whites until stiff.
- Then whisk the four yolks with the sugar until pale and fluffy, then whisk in the mascarpone (little bits at a time) until it is smooth and combined.
- Fold in the three whites gently – try not to knock out the air!
- Stir the alcohol into the coffee and pour it into a shallow dish. Dip each biscuit until the liquid until it is a pale brown, then arrange them to cover the base of another shallow dish.
- Then start layering – spoon a third of the mascarpone mixture, then sprinkle it with cocoa powder. Then repeat the layers (biscuits, mascarpone, cocoa powder) two more times.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours – overnight is better. You might need to top it with a bit more cocoa powder before serving.
If you use our tiramisu recipe, tag us on social media and use #balancecoffeerecipes. And if you want to see what else to do with coffee, head to our recipes!
Enjoy this article? Sign up to our Balance Coffee Club newsletter below for monthly recipes, tips and hacks that’ll improve your coffee game!