We love starting a hot summer’s day with an iced coffee. With our iced coffee recipe, you can enjoy the perfect cooling (yet caffeinated!) beverage.
- Enough ice to fill most of your glass
- Milk of your choice. We used coconut milk in this recipe, but any milk or milk alternative will do.
- A light to medium roast coffee. Head to our guide on light and dark roasts to learn more about choosing the perfect roast for you.
- Simple syrup or maple syrup (optional)
- Fill your glass with ice
- Add your chosen milk. The amount will vary depending on how strong you’d like your iced coffee to be.
- Brew 120ml of coffee, or make a shot of espresso (this is our recommended method, as it cools faster when mixed with ice)
- Pour the coffee or espresso over the milk and ice
- If you like a sweet coffee, add a simple syrup or some maple syrup to taste. We would not recommend adding sugar, because it won’t dissolve well in the cold coffee.
- Stir well and enjoy
Here’s an example of James making our iced coffee recipe using a shot of espresso:
Enjoy this article? Sign up to our Balance Coffee Club newsletter below for monthly recipes, tips and hacks that’ll improve your coffee game!