We are always looking for new and ingenious ways to use coffee. So we teamed up with Jessica Khor of servedinlondon, a London foodie fanatic who produces amazing recipes and food content. Jess is a fan of Balance Coffee, so she decided to use our freshly-ground beans to create this delicious recipe for espresso cashew butter. It is a luxurious vegan spread that can be slathered on toast, pastries, or simply eaten out of the jar!
- 150g cashews
- 1 tbsp coffee (we used the seasonal Stability blend, head here to see what coffees we have in stock now
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- If you bought whole coffee beans, grind them finely.
- Add the cashews, coconut oil and coffee grinds into a blender and blend.
- Add cocoa powder and vanilla extract and blend again. Don’t worry if it isn’t perfectly smooth – this recipe is supposed to be thick and luxurious
- Serve fresh onto anything (we love the espresso cashew butter on toast!) or chill for an hour in the fridge for extra thickness.
If you make this recipe at home, we’d love you to share it with us (@balancecoffee) and @servedinlondon on social media using #balancecoffeerecipes. We’ll re-share it and give you a special discount code on your next order.
Enjoy this article? Sign up to our Balance Coffee Club newsletter below for monthly recipes, tips and hacks that’ll improve your coffee game!