There’s nothing that says summer quite like a barbecue in the sun. We’ve been experimenting with different coffee BBQ rub recipe, and we think that we’ve found the perfect combination of sweet and smoky spices – with the addition of coffee, of course! The coffee barbecue rub provides a dark and earthy flavour that is unlike anything we’ve ever tried before.
Coffee BBQ Rub Recipe:
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp coffee (medium grind, we used the seasonal Level Up blend. Head here to see what coffees we have in stock now)
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cayenne (this is optional, but we like that extra kick)
Coffee BBQ Rub Recipe Method:
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a large bowl and mix.
- Rub it onto your meat (it works well on beef, pork, and chicken), and throw it onto the barbecue or into the oven. Cook as normal!
- If you make a large batch, keep the rub in a well-sealed container and store it in a cool dry spot away from the sun.If you’re looking for alternatives, you can find some pre-made options here. However, we always recommend using freshly roasted coffee beans because you’ll get far more flavour imparted once you grind fresh using some high quality coffee.
If you want to grab a bag of coffee beans online then you can visit our online coffee shop and stock up on a few packs. Let us know your favourites and we’ll be sure to post about you on our social media.
If you make our coffee barbecue rub at home, we’d love you to share it with us (@balancecoffee) on social media using #balancecoffeerecipes. We’ll re-share it and give you a special discount code on your next order.
Enjoy this article? Sign up to our Balance Coffee Club newsletter below for monthly recipes, tips, and hacks that’ll improve your coffee game!