There’s nothing that says summer quite like a barbecue in the sun. We’ve been experimenting with different barbecue rubs, and we think that we’ve found the perfect combination of sweet and smoky spices – with the addition of coffee, of course! The coffee barbecue rub provides a dark and earthy flavour that is unlike anything we’ve ever tried before.
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp coffee (medium grind, we used the seasonal Level Up blend. Head here to see what coffees we have in stock now)
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cayenne (this is optional, but we like that extra kick)
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a large bowl and mix.
- Rub it onto your meat (it works well on beef, pork and chicken), and throw it onto the barbecue or into the oven. Cook as normal!
- If you make a large batch, keep the rub in a well sealed container and store in a cool dry spot away from the sun.
If you make our coffee barbecue rub at home, we’d love you to share it with us (@balancecoffee) on social media using #balancecoffeerecipes. We’ll re-share it and give you a special discount code on your next order.
Enjoy this article? Sign up to our Balance Coffee Club newsletter below for monthly recipes, tips and hacks that’ll improve your coffee game!